Saturday, September 22, 2012

Krazy Kenny's Rainy Interlude


I can't believe it's finally happened! After more than a month of European travel in total, it has finally rained on my parade! I'm so excited to finally use my rain gear, but, more importantly, you, my loyal and loving readers, get to finally experience Krazy Kenny's Rainy Interlude!

Boy do I have some excitement for you! I will debut my first video clip (you may need to view my actual webpage to see it, rather than a mobile page or the email summary), and I will regale you with never-before-seen outtakes and extras from my adventures!


First, the video: it was shot today (Saturday 9/22) in between two rain showers. It shows some amateurish lederhosen-wearing young men performing a traditional Austrian dance.  And a-one, and a-two (yes, a Lawrence Welk reference! - Krazy Kenny knows no bounds!!)



Pretty neat, huh?

Now, some outtakes:

Not really an outtake, just a view of the music-filled hills, cloaked in mist and fog. This pic was taken from the Festung Hohensalzburg, but I won't post that entry until later. 

My miscellaneous observations so far:

1. Watch The Sound of Music. During the opening credits there is a cacophony of bells ringing all over the city of Salzburg. That really happens - I heard all of the church bells in breathtaking dys-synchronicity at noon today. 
2. In Austria, the traffic lights blink green before turning yellow.  I would imagine that the blinking green means "hurry up" and the yellow means "floor it!!"
3. My underwear is extremely comfortable - almost obscenely so.

2 comments:

  1. Do tell! Where does one go to get obscenely comfortable underwear? Austria?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jeff Northrup

    I bought a couple pair of fancy quick-drying travel underwear and they're just really comfy. Bought them from Ex-Officio, a travel outfitter. Kathleen teased me about the underwear when the shipment arrived at the office, so I just had to say something.

    ReplyDelete

Communicate with Ken now!

ShareThis