Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Brief Service Message

My loyal readers:  I know it's been almost two days without a post from me.  Since my last post I've arrived in Munich, wanderered all around the place, taken in a full day at Oktoberfest, and I've just returned from a guided tour of the Dachau concentration camp. I'll have a full report (or two or three!) for each of my activities soon.

Writing the blog actually takes a fair amount of time, and I don't want to squander daylight hours writing it when I can be out and about gathering content for the blog, err, I mean experiencing the wonders, great and small, of my trip. 

On past vacations I moved around by train much more often - this gave me the downtime needed to carefully craft and hone my travelogue for you. This time, however, I've been getting up early and running around until relatively late - by the time I get back to the hotel I'm pooped and I don't have the particular desire to spend an extra hour or three prepping photos and writing and editing blogposts, despite the enjoyment posting my experiences for you all gives to me.

On that note, I have a 90 minute train ride and a 3 1/2 hour bus ride tomorrow which means I will be able to bring you up-to-date by the time I reach Prague!

In the meantime, here are a few miscellaneous pics of my time in Munich just to whet your appetite:

 
ABOVE: Left, one of the many parades to celebrate the opening weekend of Oktoberfest. Right, the pickle lady hocks her gherkins in the Augistiner Feltzelt. BELOW: Left, a serving station in the Hofbrauhaus. Right, me at the Augistiner tent Monday morning at Oktoberfest. 
 

Baaderßtrasse 1, Munchen, Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment

Communicate with Ken now!

ShareThis